Monday 1 April 2013

Namaste India - After 12 years.

When people go on a holiday, we tend to remember certain aspects of the holiday which stick out like a sore thumb.  It also depends on where you go, who you go with and why you are going.  I tend to go on holiday to catch some sun, to relax and in most cases.... Party!  There is always that holiday song that you hear everywhere you go and follows you back here to her majesties kingdom.  I always tend to have a set of images that I remember the holiday by.  I am extremely trigger happy when it comes to travel.  I like to think it as not because I don't know what I am doing but I am trying to capture as many images of the place to remember as much detail and embrace the place I am in.

"Trigger happy when it comes to travel."

It has been 12 years since I had been back to India, a very long time in my family.  My parents had been back a few times and I now felt it was ready to go back and see how much India had changed and oh my, how much it has changed.  My Grandmother still resides in India and was extremely keen to see the old dear.  I will be writing a separate blog on my travel to India and Thailand later on after I decide to sift through the hundreds of pictures and recover from my jet lag.

"India has changed."

Back to my original point of this post.  It was to just share one image that I had taken while in India.  An image that has stayed in my mind throughout the holiday and upon my return, one which I was happy I took.  This picture depicts to me how some people can be happy with so little and value what they have.

"Value what they have."

Let me tell you how this image came about.  We had finished visiting my Grandfather's farm in Gujarat.  The driver had parked the vehicle further up the road and had to walk a fair bit back.  We came across a family of five.  A father, mother, child and the fathers two younger brothers.  They were from Rajasthan and had traveled down for work.  Luckily for me I can speak Hindi and could converse with them comfortably and discovered they were working on a farm that had discovered black granite.  The child was the most intriguing of them all.  He was silent and looked extremely petrified of the aliens in front of him.

"Aliens in front of him."

The boy held onto a remote control truck and didn't seem to want to let it go when asked if I could see it.  He pretty much refused.  Good on him.  I wanted to take a picture of the boy before I left and did.  There were 3 images I had taken, the last image of the boy finally smiling with his father working in the background.  

This is the image...

rajasthan, gujarat tourism, gujarat, india, photographer, london based photographer


Keep a look out for my posts on my travel to India and Thailand.  To stay updated with my work, make sure you "LIKE" my page on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/jaydhokia.photography

Jay Dhokia Photography




No comments:

Post a Comment